- About the tour
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Payment Terms
- Items To Carry/Essentials
- What can you expect
Munsyari- Its name refers to a ‘place with snow’. Situated on the banks of Goriganga River, it is a fast growing tourist destination, and mountaineers, glacier enthusiasts, high altitude trekkers and nature lovers commonly use it as their hub or base camp.
Munsyari also falls on the ancient salt route from Tibet and is at the entrance of the Johar Valley, which extends along the path of the Goriganga River to its source at the Milam Glacier. It is inhabited mainly by the Shauka tribe.
The town is surrounded by snow-capped peaks, with a key attraction being the trekking route to Khalia Top.
This area is rich in avian fauna too with some special birds like Cheer Pheasant, Satys Tragopan, White-throated Tit etc.
Target birds: Satyr Tragopan, Himalayan Monal, Cheer Pheasant, Koklass Pheasant, Chukar Partridge, Hill Partridge, Bearded Vulture, Golden Eagle, Speckled Wood Pigeon, White-throated Tit, White-browed Fulvetta, Variegated Laughingthrush, Winter Wren, Golden Bush Robin, Alpine Accentor, Altai Accentor, Black-throated Accentor, Rufous-breasted Accentor, European Goldfinch, Pink-browed Rosefinch, Spot-winged Rosefinch, Dark-breasted Rosefinch, Beautiful Rosefinch, Collared Grosbeak, Spot-winged Grosbeak etc.
Meet at Old Delhi railway station at around 8 p.m. and take the night train to Kathgodham.
Overnight travel in train in 3 A.C.
Arrive at kathgodham early in the morning and depart to Sattal. Checkin to the resort in sattal early morning and start the birding.
Afternnon birding would be around the resort which is rich in bird life. Some of the birds found here are :- Blue Rock Thrush, Brown Dipper, Crested Kingfisher, Himalayan Goldenback, Greater Goldenback, Nepal Wren Babbler, Pygmy Wren Babbler, Scaly-breasted Wren Babbler, Chestnut-headed Tesia, Grey-bellied Tesia, Small Niltava, White-tailed Rubythroat, Fire-capped Tit, Long-billed Thrush, Spotted and Little Forktail etc.
Dinner and night stay at this resort.
Departure to Munsiyari early in the morning. It takes around 6 -8 hrs to reach Munsiyari from here and we would be doing birding on the way.
Target Birds: Speckled Piculet, Slaty-headed Parakeet, Rufous-gorgeted Flycatcher, Rufous-bellied Niltava, Black-throated Tit, Coal Tit, Pink-browed Rosefinch, Dark-breasted Rosefinch, Common Rosefinch, Golden Bush Robin, Kalij Pheasant etc.
Whole day birding around Thamri Kund, Kalamuni Top and Baladi Farm area with packed breakfast. Lunch and dinner at hotel.
Target Birds: Satyr’s Tragopan, Cheer Pheasant, Koklass Pheasant, Hill Partridge, Himalayan Monal, White Collared Blackbird, Alpine Accentor, Altai Accentor, Golden Eagle, Bearded Vulture, Himalayan Vulture, Spotted Laughingthrush, Variegated Laughingthrush, Alpine Thrush etc.
Day 5 and Day 6
Morning birding on Madkot road and afternoon birding around Nanda Devi Temple area with packed breakfast. Lunch and dinner at hotel.
Target Birds: Wallcreeper, Brown Dipper, European Goldfinch, Red-fronted Serin, Yellow-breasted Greenfinch, Beautiful Rosefinch, Dark-breasted Rosefinch, Pink-browed Rosefinch, Speckled Piculet, Golden Bush Robin, Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler, Chestnut-headed Tesia, Scaly-breasted Wren Babbler, Bar-throated Siva etc.
Morning birding on Ginni Bend road with packed breakfast. Back to hotel for lunch. Afternoon birding around Birthi falls area. Dinner at hotel and night stay.
Target Birds: Speckled Wood Pigeon, Himlayan Monal, Cheer Pheasant, Golden Eagle, Bearded Vulture, European Goldfinch, Red-fronted Serin, Yellow-breasted Greenfinch, Beautiful Rosefinch, Dark-breasted Rosefinch, Pink-browed Rosefinch, Speckled Piculet, Golden Bush Robin, Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler, Chestnut-headed Tesia, Scaly-breasted Wren Babbler, Bar-throated Siva etc.
Departure from Munsiyari for Ramnagar railway station. It would take around 10-11 hrs to reach Ramnagar. We would be reaching Ramnagar around 7 p.m. and would be catching the night train to Delhi.
- Accommodation for all days as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transfers to and from Kathgodham and Ramnagar Railway Station
- Full time Innova at our disposal
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for all the days while on tour
- All park entry fees
- Gypsy charges and driver charges
- Guide charges
- Camera charges if applicable.
- Guidance during the photography sessions
- Travel cost from your starting place till pick up destination and back.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, water bottles, cold drinks etc.
- Gratuity/tips to guides/drivers.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.
Please Note: Consuming and carrying alcoholic beverages on any of our tours is strictly prohibited.
50% advance payment on the booking date and balance 50% on or before 90 days of travel.
- 50% refund if canceled before 90 days of travel.
- No refund if canceled after above mentioned days
Please Note: During camp, strictly follow the instructions of the camp leader, guide, and the organizing staff.
- Clothing related items:- Light colored clothes (preferably t-shirts, pants, tracksuits, salwar kameez etc), cap, scarf, handkerchiefs, socks, towel, bedsheet.
- Medically related items:- Band-Aid strips, washing and bathing soap, personal medicines prescribed by doctors.
- Personal Hygiene:- Toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletries, hair cream, comb, napkins.
- Others:- Torch (with an extra pair of batteries), water bottle, sunglasses, camera.
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the forest.
- Approaching wildlife in the field.
- Identification of different mammals and birds
- Pugmark study and bird calls study.
- Exposure control while taking photographs.
- Framing and composition
- Living close to nature Amazing memories Desire to explore other places
- Please Note: During camp strictly follow the instructions of the camp leader,guide and the organizing staff.